Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

10:00 2 slices cheese & 2 oranges12:00 2 bowls salad w/salsa & 1 (2) bannana & 1c? milk milkshake3:00 5 slices cheese, 1/4 c pecans & 3 oranges
Well, that was the good part of the day! Then I got it in my head to binge. Went to the store...had the items on the counter & decided I didn't even want it....but bought it anyway. Well, there is some good news in this.
1) I didn't even eat 1/2 of what I bought2) I didn't eat until I was sick3) I was sick of sweet
Big trigger here was my period. I crave chocalate 1 day a month....guess what day was yesterday?
I also got up and weighed myself this morning. I am at 252 from 185 (that is how fast I gain weight. And no I am not crying about it. I have been afraid to weigh all this time but this morning I was ready for some reason....to face the facts. Weird. Anyway....this is what I recall eating last night...
1 slice of angel food cakea container of ice cream1/2 a container of marshmallow cream3/4 a container of chocalate syrupa few yogurt covered raisins6 or 7 chocalate mint candies1 container (serv) mac & cheesebowl of crackers
I think that was it. Starting over this morning. Yesterday would have been 2 years abstinent! Oh well....life begins again if we are not dead!

4 Comments:

Blogger Foodfairy said...

Great to have you back Amy. I haven't been reading blogs for a few months...and what do you know but I came back just in time to catch your new posts. I've been checking your blog ever since I read your identification story. It was really inspiring. Don't be too hard on yourself about your bingeing and weight gain. Remember how far you've come. To eat less than what you've bought...I bet you wouldn't have done that pre-OA. And you are still mroe than 150lbs lighter than your top weight. That's like a whole person's worth of weight. As for your missed anniversary- the world record for abstinence is 24 hours...well actually it's not that...it's 1 second. Absitence exists only in the present. Keep coming back

5:01 PM  
Blogger Foodfairy said...

Hi. HOw are you? MIss you

8:45 PM  
Blogger memoirs of this binge eating triathlete said...

wish I had found this blog earlier. Great blog. Anyway you could post on your current abstanance? Feelings, etc?

9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great posts, would like to follow your story currently?
Sober in 100 Days

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home