Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I am very frustrated & upset at the moment. First I had my sponsor ask me to make plans to go somewhere with her in about 6 months. It is not expensive and she thought that would give me time to save for it.

What she doesn't understand is that kind of money (while very little to most people) is an overwhelming amount to me right now. I am just trying to keep my head above water and to try & do it without getting a second job! It would be irresponsible for me to spend that kind of money....but I don't think she gets it. She is much wealthier than I.

So I am upset about that.

On top of that my mother (whom I live with and is a coe & compulsive spender/hoarder/animal getter) is on a new kick. She wants to buy baby chicks & raise them. She thinks they will feed us (their eggs). We go through 1 dozen eggs a week each. It costs us $5 a week. I twould cost more than that to buy each chick....and feed them, house them, and who knows if they will lay eggs? Plus we live where wolves will probably just eat them. She is compulsively talking about around me (and with her dogs) and it is driving me crazy. She started to talk about it with me (again) and I told her I didn't want to talk to her about this issue anymore. That she was getting compulsive with it. She got very angry & went in her room & shut the door (to let me know she was angry). Then she came out & confronted me. To her credit she did not yell (proud of her) but was still trying to control MY behavior. I started involuntarily shaking & have not stopped. My energy is just exhausted at this point. I have eaten and still not stopped shaking. I am so upset (I am not used to confrontations). Anyway....that is my story, and I am sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home