Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Monday, August 13, 2007

OK....just got back from my therapist & I need to write this down before I forget and get all confused. I need to determine an end weight for myself. I have been too restrictive with my food and I am also afraid of gaining weight. I was going to let my therapist decide for me, or a nutrionist. But my therapist suggested *I* need to make the decision for myself. I made it but didn't like it in her office so I have decided to revise it and commit to this.

I am at 180lbs now. I am committing to not gaining more than 5lbs or less than 20 lbs from that weight for the next 6 months. I am also not actively going to TRY and lose weight. I am going to keep my binge & trigger foods the same. But I will eat when I am hungry, within reason. I know that I will make mistakes and that is OK. If I see the scale start to slide up I need to work my program harder. I need to not starve myself. I need to not try and lose weight. I need to not gain weight. I should maintain....but weight loss is OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home