Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

This was in regards to a ? asking how do you help others get abstinent when you see they are letting the disease kill themselves?
It is hard to say this but honestly, I cannot do anything to help anyone recover or make them make the decision to recover. The only thing I can do is share my ESH & to continue to be abstinent myself. Be the example to them! Other than that it is between them & their HP. Facts are that some will die of the disease before they will ever decide to recover. These examples are also needed in program, to remind us why we need to stay abstinent & to help others get abstinent. I am powerless over food, people, places & things & have no control over somebody else's recovery. I need to stay at the point of power, which is in MY recovery.
Hope that helps,
Love,
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home