Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Last night was a hard & enlightening night for me. I had just written a letter to my disease telling it goodbye, we're breaking up (see letter below). Well I knew my disease would be fighting back & it did. Last night I dreamed I binged. I dreamed I went into my closet (one of the places I used to hide my binge foods from my family) and binged. I know those dreams are normal, especially in the first year of recovery. But they are still hard to deal with. I also had several dreams about bats!! I have Native American Animal Totem cards & I went to them to see what bats stood for. I was pleased to discover bat meant rebirth! The card talked about a symbolic death (like Shamans) & then being reborn. It also talked of dying to old habits & starting a new life. I feel this is a very good omen considering the letter I wrote to my disease last night. Well the disease may have fought back last night while I was asleep but the fact is I remained abstinent!!! 94 days!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dodi said...

I have had two binge dreams that were so real I woke up thinking I had broken my abstinence. Cunning, baffling and powerful indeed.

Today is one year of abstinence for me. Keep going, they do say it gets easier.

5:53 PM  
Blogger isabella mori said...

yes, binge dreams ... i had dreams about cigarettes for years and years after i stopped smoking. now i have the occasional binge dream. it's amazing how real they can feel. and such a wonderful feeling waking up and finding out it's not true!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home