Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Monday, May 28, 2007

What is it like now?:
Today I have a Higher Power that gives me strength. Now I get up for work in the morning, and I am happy for the opportunity. I don’t go to bed dreading the next day. I don’t live every second of my life in fear of I know not what. I have a balanced checkbook, and I live within my means. I face challenges head on. I love myself, I love the person I have become, and that I am becoming. I have confidence in myself. I almost never miss work because I am sick. I give myself in service, and I’m glad for the opportunity. I am making friends. I am nice to my family, co-workers, and the stranger on the street. I have more patience and love to give. I am learning to receive graciously. I am walking into situations and doing things I dared not dream of. I have lost weight….a lot of weight. I’ve become brave. Notice that the weight loss, while significant, is almost last on my list. It is a great gift of working this program, but it is not the point of the program. The point of the program, I believe, is to connect to your Higher Power. I believe, in fact, that is the point of life. This from the girl who hated God. If that doesn’t demonstrate the change that has occurred in me, I don’t know what will. I believe abstinence is a gift from my Higher Power. I believe my gift to the world and to my Higher Power is to be abstinent. I’m an addict, and by nature, very selfish. So now I ask something from you. I ask you to give me a gift. I ask that, for the rest of this day, you be abstinent. Thank you for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home