Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Here is my step 7 prayer........

I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. I humbly ask you to remove my shortcomings. Where I have the desire to control, I ask that you replace it with the willingness to let go and let God. Where I have high expectations of myself and others, I ask you to replace it with acceptance. Where I wrongfully depend on others for my self-esteem I ask you to replace it with dependency on you. Where I desire to people please I ask you to replace it with a desire to be true to myself. Where I condemn myself, please replace it with self-acceptance. Where I have lack of trust in You, I beg you to replace it with Faith. Where I lack acceptance, let me accept. Where I expect perfectionism, let me be accepting and tolerant. Where I am selfish, let me be generous and allow freedom of spirit. Where I lack boundaries, let me demonstrate healthy boundaries. Where I manipulate, let me accept and let go and let God. Where I am jealous and envious, let me be loving, accepting, and demonstrate generosity of spirit. Where I am dishonest, replace it with honesty. Where I fear abandonment, replace it with Faith. Where I lack tolerance, replace it with acceptance, and a loving generosity of spirit. Where I am not living in the present, let me enjoy and dwell in the moment. Where I isolate and withhold, let me live in the spirit of fellowship. Where I judge and criticize, let me be loving and accepting. Where I show self-importance let me be self-accepting and humble. Where I am impatient, let me be patient. Where I fear intimacy and lack trust let me be faithful and open. Where I demonstrate fear and lack of courage let me be courageous and show Faith. Where I am self-seeking, let me be trustful of You. Where I have false pride, let me be humble and accepting. Where I am in denial, let me be honest. Where I am greedy and gluttonous, let me be generous. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Foodfairy said...

That was lovely. I pray that God will grant your prayers. I especially liked the one about depending on God and not other people for your self worth. God bless

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home