Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hello!

Wanted to share some program sayings with you! The slogans are important in my recovery because they are simple. Some people think they are simplistic. But I find that as an addict....I like to make everything extrodinarily complicated. Complications & chaos are good ways to get lost in my mind....and a good excuse to let the disease take over. Simple is better!

If you do not plan to succeed....you are planning to fail!! (Especially true of your food plan if you are a compulsive overeater or food addict!)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real!
I am an ego maniac with an inferiority complex!
Resentment is like taking poison & expecting the other person to die!
God doesn't make junk!
The most sober/abstinent person today is the one who got up first!
If I'm listening to myself I am getting really bad advice.
Humility doesn't mean thinking less of yourself, it means thinking of yourself less often.
My mind is out to get me.
First things first.
Take it easy.
One day at a time.
You've got to give time, time!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over expecting different results.
Don't forget to practice HALTS: Don't allow yourself to get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired or Stressed.
A coincidence is God performing a miracle anonymously.
EGO: Easing God Out
SLIP: Sobriety Losing It's Priority
Let go and let God.
You can't, God can, let Him.
Addiction: physical allergy + mental obsession
Slippery people & slippery places lead to slips!
Keep coming back!
The program works if you work it!
Meeting makers make it!
Have an attitude of gratitude!
God is the solution, but you still have to row to shore!
I came. I came to. I came to believe.
Yesterday is history. Tommorow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
It's a lot easier to STAY abstinent/sober than to GET abstinent/sober.
HOW? Honesty, Open-mindedness, willingness.
When you pray just talk to God. When you meditate just listen.
Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.
You're best thinking got you here.
The most important amends are those that you need to make to yourself.
It took every drink/bite to get you here.
Fake it till you make it.
Procrastination is low intesity, chronic fear.
Live life on life's terms.
God may give you the seeds but you have to plant them yourself.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Don't compare your insides to other peoples outsides.
What other people think (of me ) is none of my business.
There are no victims, just volunteers.
Wherever you go, there you are.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
The program is simple, not easy.
You attract what you are.
Keep it simple.
This too shall pass.
Stinking thinking leads to eating/drinking.
You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.
You have to give it away to keep it.
What you think is what you become.
Change is a process, not an event.
Progress, not perfection.
As long as you can stay abstinent/sober, God can talk to you.
Principles before personalities.
Easy does it, but do it!
You can't change the world, ony yourself.
God wasn't lost, I was.
Come to meetings to see what happens when people don't come to meetings.
Mean what you say, say what you mean, and don't say it mean.
Everything I do is a step towards recovery, or a step towards relapse.
TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More!
Food filled the hole until I became whole.
When I point my finger at someone else there are 3 fingers pointing back at me.
Don't leave before the miracle.
Bring the body & the mind will follow.
"No" is a complete sentence.
Feelings aren't facts.
You are only as sick as your secrets.
My sanity is inversely proportional to my expectations.
My drug of choice is MORE!
Anything you put before your abstinence....you will lose!
I'm a very persuasive person, I can convince myself of anything.
My mind is a very dangerous place to be.
Willingness is the key to acceptance.
I need to get out of my own way.
Do the next right thing.
Share it or wear it.
God speaks through other people.
You can start your day over at any time.
Here is one I read in a book called "Denial is not a river in Egypt" by Sandi Bachom. It is one I never heard before but described me perfectly.
"The [addicts] compulsion to have everything done right this minute is usually balanced by a rare talent for procrastination." I changed alcoholic to addict.
Most of these sayings (I'm sure) are in this book & another I have "My mind out to get me" from Hazelden. Although some might not be or may be worded differently. I put program slogans on my screen saver at work so I see slogans all day long. It is amazing how it helps me. There is another place I hear slogans all the time......meetings!! After all, meeting makers make it!
Have a blessed/abstinent/sober day!
Amy


1 Comments:

Blogger The unconventional mother said...

Thanks Amy...as always you are an inspiration. Keep sharing on your blog!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home