Reignfyre Recovery

A record of a womans recovery throught addiction. Primarily food addiction using the 12 steps of OA (Overeaters Anonymous). Also includes recovery from sex and love, drug and alcohol addiction.

Monday, January 22, 2007

This is another loop response....hope it makes sense out of context.
When I used to give in to cravings it didn't feel like the supreme
sacrifice. It felt like salvation.
When I was coe I was so into the disease that black was white & up was
down. I didn't see that I was giving up health, happiness, & sanity for a
piece of ********. Instead I thought I was having a small piece of heaven
on a plate. I could not be convinced otherwise.
I truly feel I was given a miracle when I got abstinent. Getting off my
binge foods once & for all gave me clarity I had not had for 30 years. It
was as if I lived in some bizzarro world & this thin bizzarro film had
covered my eyes. Everyone else saw & lived in the real world, but not me.
Then one day my HP took the film off of my eyes & I finally saw the world
everyone had been describing & telling me THEY lived in. I know
desperation got me abstinent...but it does seem as if there was some
missing ingredient that I just can't put my finger on.
There is nothing today worth giving up my abstinence for. I do say that
is for today.
I don't have "cravings" like I used to. I occasionally want "to eat"
large quantities....which is a different type of craving. I believe that
is an emotional craving. But the physical "I'm gonna die if I don't have
XYZ simply doesn't happen anymore. I believe that is because eating
certain substances actually have a biochemical reaction in my body that
causes the cravings. Since I don't eat those substances anymore I don't
have cravings for certain foods. I handle the craving for "more food" by
distracting myself & working the program. I don't eat....no matter what.
I just don't have it in me to face a "fight" everyday. So instead I
prepare myself by arming myself against the disease. I do this by having
a sponsor, going to lots of meetings, reading a lot of recovery
literature, writing, doing service, working the steps, reaching out to
other coe's. They say the best offense is a good defense. I hope to have
so much defense I scare the crap out of this disease! Let it go pick on
someone else it has a better chance against. I'm armed to the teeth!
Thanks for letting me share,
Amy
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home